Saturday, September 22, 2007

It's not you, it's me.

I have many excuses for the tardiness of this follow up, although I figure none are necessary when one is residing in New York City.

There have been THREE truly life altering experiences that have gone down these past few days. Here they are, in no particular order:

1. I saw Bjork at Madison Square Garden ("The World's Most Famous Arena in the heart of New York City" if you haven’t heard). I had a stupid smile across my face the entire show, and at one point my hand found its way to my heart. This may have been influenced by the trio of totally amazing fist pumping Bjork obsessed fags I was standing next to (collective noun? A 'pride of gays'?). Bjork bounced around the stage in a gold puffy dress, green headband and was possibly shoe-less. The stage was a castle hung with giant emblematic animal flags, the fort protected by her 10-piece all-girl battalion/brass section. And THAT voice, THOSE songs. “Joga” was almost unbearable. "Human Behavior" epic, with a rave-like finale. Bjork, you might have just rendered all future live performances irrelevant for me.

Declare independence
Don't let them do that to you
Make your own flag!
Raise your flag! (Higher, higher!)




A special thanks to 'Vinnie' my ebay seller from Park Slope, who made my night by deciding to stay in and watch the football. "Beejork" as you called her, was worth meeting you outside a downtown Brooklyn Dunkin Donuts for.

Also worth noting, were the faux-jorks:



2. I went to Chelsea markets on the weekend. Aside from purchasing $10 black vintage patent witches shoes (great, but not life changing), and a $2 wooden pineapple necklace (essential, but no catharsis), I found a dog that has made me want to become a better person. The Pomeranian you see below has a genetic disorder, thus grows no fur on its body, only on its head. I have fallen deeply in love.




3. I had the best Veggie Burger of my life at a place called Penelope’s (159 Lexington Ave @ 30th St). The burger was shy, so I ate it quickly before taking this photo.

2 comments:

The Jammed said...

blog on emily york...keep it coming no more lengthy gaps your public need to know your every move

Unknown said...

Andrew?! That's not my name! Em, I hope you realise I created a gmail account that I never plan to use just so I could post comments on your blog, such is your coolness and influence over me. Thank you for the stories and pictures so far...
much love, Guirgs x
PS - Check out kidconfucius.com when you can. It's shiny and new.